Monday, July 21, 2008

Aspen RidgeAly has been working up at a scout camp in Idaho this summer. She is loving it. She especially loves the horses. My girl really loves animals. Even after a horse stepped on her foot and we thought it was broken, she still loves them. She has made lots of really awesome friends and is thinking about going back next year. We have missed her, but it has been really cool to watch her grow.
The one negative I can see is that she loves the pet rats up there. EW!!!! I went to pick her up one Saturday, and she took me to see the rats. Before I knew what was happening, she had grabbed them out of the cage and put them on her shoulder. There was my beautiful Aly with two rats climbing all over her. EW!!!! "Here mom hold one." Ugh! NO!!!! "This one is pregnant and they said I can have one of the babies." NO!!!! I have met my rodent limit. After we got the rats put away and Aly's stuff loaded up, we drove into Preston to see the Napoleon Dynamite sites (if you can call them that). This is Aly and her friend Taylor that came with me to pick up Aly. Aren't they cute? We went to see the various houses in the movie and we even got to see Tina the lama. Sorry I don't have a picture but my battery died. Tina wasn't very friendly. I think she has had enough of her public, but her baby Elvis came right to the fence and let Aly pet and love him. Taylor and I didn't even get close. Aly practically let Elvis kiss her. I wish I had a picture of all the animals she lets kiss her so I could send a copy to all the boys she knows so they know where her lips have been.

No comments: