Friday, December 19, 2008

Fantastic Sam

Well, Christmas break has started off with a bang. Today I was just taking it easy and messing around on the computer. In fact I was taking stupid quizzes on Facebook. Sarah and her friend Sam were playing quietly downstairs. Maybe a little too quietly. In fact, what are they doing? They were in Aly's room, and this is what I found... Oh my! Oh wow! Oh for the love....! I panicked at first. I wanted to scream, but I didn't. I thought that the black on Sam's face was permanent marker. Thank heavens it was only black lipstick left over from Halloween. His eyebrows may be dark for a while, but we got the rest off. Notice the little fury animal in Sam's hands, that is Sarah's hair. Yeah, I was a little upset. (Breathe Diane, Breathe)
I wish Sarah's hair was going to be such an easy fix. Oh boy! Well I was thinking about getting her hair cut a little bit (I emphasize a little).


So off we went to the professionals for a fix. It is kind of fitting that we went to Fantastic Sam's. Sarah didn't fight them either. I don't know if any of you remember when Nate cut Sarah's hair right before my nieces wedding. He cut her bangs right up to her scalp. I thought she had learned to say no. But she loves to please. When I was combing her hair later she said, "Can you comb it long." Well Sarah, I wish it was that easy. Since then she has asked a couple more times if I could make her hair long again. Maybe this time she will learn to dodge the scissors.

Well here she is with her cute a-line bob. All she needs now is a minivan and a couple of soccer playing kids and stick figure family on the rear window and she is the perfect mormon mom. I actually really like her hair. She looks adorable and sassy (just like her mom). It is not anything I would have dared to do on my own, so thanks Sam!



5 comments:

Double D said...

Hahahah! That's great. I STILL haven't learned how to cut hair, to be honest, not even guy's hair. Sam didn't do such a bad job for being what, four? five?

tralina said...

AAAHH! You are so great to stay composed and document it all with photos! Thanks for sharing--it's good to know that crazy things happen in everyone's lives. Sarah's hair does look cute though. So... what did Sam's mom say?

Diane said...

His mom was really embarrased and sorry. But I was the one that was "watching" them so I take all the blame. I am just glad his black marks came off and weren't permanent. We didn't notice until later that he had actually cut a little bit of his hair too. Crazy kids!

John and Sherri said...

Wow! Her hair turned out way cute:) How funny!

Marianne said...

That is CRAZY!!! I can only imagine what you were feeling inside when you saw her hair! The final outcome is darling and it sounds like you handled it very well. Now that Christmas has come and gone, send me your address so that I can add you to my Christmas mailing list. marianne.leavitt@unishippers.com. Take care!