Monday, March 9, 2009

Those of you who have talked to me recently may have heard me whine about YW. I kept thinking it was time for a change and I probably needed to be done. Well, it has happened. I was released from Young Women's yesterday. I am not quite sure how I feel about it. Now I am sad. ( Have I mentioned that I have a lot of mood swings).
I have been the Mia Maid advisor for four and a half years. That is quite a long time. The girls that were in my class when I started are now in college and doing amazing things. It is really exciting to see them grow and change.
When I was first called, I was really nervous. Those of you who know me well know that I am a big geek. I was scared that the"hip" (by writing hip I have just proven that I am indeed a geek) teenagers would think I was just so uncool. But they took me right in and didn't care. (I think they liked laughing at me).
I was very lucky to be able to go to a couple of girls camps with Aly. We were able to have some really cool experiences together. Megan starts YW this year and I am sad that I won't be there with her. But their new leaders are awesome and they will do an incredible job. I will miss you guys!!!

2 comments:

tralina said...

If there is one things I've learned about the church--it's that you never get a break. Callings just rotate around and around, so more likely than not, you'll be back in again sometime. Plus you several more daughters so... I bet you were tons of fun to be with! Love your smile.

Danielle Hacking said...

I totally know what you mean, 4 1/2 years is a very long time! I was in primary for the first 4 years we were married, and when I was released it made me cry, even though that is what I wanted. I'm now the secretary in the YW, and they asked if I'd like to keep my calling after our baby is born, I guess we'll see what happens. Hope you and your family are doing well!