Thursday, October 2, 2008

New Kitties

Aly's cat Gabbie had five kittens last night. She did a really good job and is already a good mommy.
It all started about 4:30 yesterday afternoon. She told me Gabbie was bleeding and meowing really strangely. I went down to check and I could tell that she was having contractions. It is funny how I could relate. Her meows reminded me of how I felt when I was in labor. Poor kitty. We didn't have a kitty epidural or anything.



The first one was breech. Being a NICU nurse I was worried it wouldn't come out right. But my worry was unnecessary. It took quite a while, but she did it. The first kitty was born around 5:30. The next two came out pretty quickly after that. So by 6:30 mommy and three kitties were resting peacefully. Aly cleaned up the mess and went to YW.
About an hour later, Courtney came up stairs and said Gabbie was acting funny again. We went down to check and sure enough she had another kitty. And then about half an hour later, she had one more. I sure did feel for her, four kitties climbing all over her and trying to nurse while she was delivering the last one. Boy, I'm glad I'm human.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Why can't they stay cute little kittens?